I designed up these playing cards just for fun. Wasn’t sure how they were really going to turn out, and I was pleasantly surprised by the way they look.
After having the order sent in to have them print I realized I should have had them sized down just a little bit, but this size for the images actually works out quite well. I think I am still going to try out printing the images slightly sized down just to see how it comes out.
I want to do a few touch ups on some of the cards. Over all I think they look alright. They are a little pixely though, which really bothers me, but its not obscenely noticeable, so I might not. I’m just not really sure how I could get them smoothed out without having to completely redo everything for the deck. Which I might have to do in order to get them smoothed out how I want. Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do right?
I’ll probably take my time and see if there is an easy way to get it all sussed out and re setup before trying to reprint the touch ups. I have also designed up a box for them which I really would like to see printed.
Just a random fun project I put together.
I designed everything for the cards, hand drew the suits and the court cards, as well as the card back design. Only thing is that the kings and queens might look too similar. I’m thinking of seeing if there is something I can do about that, but I don’t really know if I should redesign the whole idea for the court cards or not. I could try to squeeze in the numbers and the letters for all the cards which shouldn’t be too bad, and would really help with differentiating the king and queen. I want to try to keep the designs between the cards as fluid and coherent as possible. keep it all smooth. So if I add the letters to the court cards I would have to put the numbers on all of the cards. And I’m not sure I could fit them into the images properly without completely redesigning the whole deck.
If I can get everything smoothed out proper like and the box turns out right, then I think I might throw up the deck for sale on the makeplayingcards.com market place. MPC is the printing service I had print the deck, and they did a good job with it. I had them printed on an M31 card stock, which is a really nice card stock that is used for playing cards used for magic tricks and stuff like that. Love the linen stock, they have a super silky feel to them. Then people can order them Print on Demand, if any one actually wanted to. It’d be nice to get a bulk order, just for fun, but I don’t know if they are good enough for something like that.
It took me quite a while to put it all together from start to finish. going from pencil sketches and tracing them, to digitizing, coloring, sizing. Then dropping all the images into the right positions for each and every card to the correct sizes for the templates and all those shenanigans. They aren’t the coolest playing cards around, but they are definitely one of a kind.
Let me know what you all think of the designs.
These are the jokers by the way ^^^^